Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chester French....What Happened?

I am one who stands strong agaist the industry, and proud when I see small acts make it big...or get pulled up to the bigs by someone who is true to there art form in the industry. So, when Pharell grabbed two Harvard grad's and signed them to Star Trek, I said to myself what happened to Roscoe P.
But these two men are perfect for 2009, and should be a standout, at least I thought. It is really shitty that good music doesn't find its way to the top of the billboard charts. I blame marketing all the way. Clipse is another out of the Star Trek camp, who I believe put out a classic in Hell Hath no Fury!


THIS IS A CLASSIC!!!












HiphopDx gave the new album a solid review, 4/5 stars but somehow after Rolling Stones calling them the next Beach Boys, not the best comparison but I would take it, now has called them the next Vampire Weekend...WTF!!
This is a fresh album that snaggs some hip-hop flavor and its fresh-different-and orginal. I am not mad that they didn't get great reviews, or that they didn't sell a mill in the frst week...but the fact that they crash in burn in sales/reviews.

77 (opening in on the charts)
Chester French
Love The Future
6,300
6,342

No comments:

Post a Comment